Friday 6 June 2014

A lovely, kind gesture- Golden Peacock is mine!

I had a lovely experience recently when I was on the receiving end of an unexpected act of kindness by a fellow member of our creative blogging community. A couple of weeks ago, I posted about how I had been drooling over Jo Conlon's Golden Peacock painting on Etsy for well over a year, but could never seem to get the money together to buy him (read the previous post here). 

Jo read my post, and got in contact to say that she really wanted Golden Peacock to belong to someone who appreciated him, and that was more important to her than the cost. So... she offered to sell him to me for considerably less money, putting him within my reach! 
Hanging proudly in his new home!
He has now safely arrived in his new home, and doesn't he look great?! I think the colours complement my living room decor perfectly, and the gold in the painting shimmers beautifully in the light from the big windows. 

It's situations like this that remind me how lovely it is to be part of a creative community, where appreciation of crafts and talents outweigh everything else! I am very grateful for Jo's kind gesture, and I am delighted to have this stunning new addition to my home. My little girl approves too- here she is checking him out, and saying "awwwwwwww!" 
Awwwww... a beautiful peacock!

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely story! Thanks for sharing and I love that wonderful second picture, too cute x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! I think a lot of artists feel like that. Glad it's gone to a good home x

    ReplyDelete