Wednesday 9 April 2014

Handmade Easter Headband

We were invited to Heather's first baby Easter egg hunt yesterday, and I jumped on the excuse to make something festive for her to wear! Her granny bought her a lovely yellow dress and cardigan last time she visited, from the gorgeous new Nutmeg budget range at Morrisons. She looks great for spring, and the tone of yellow really suits her. The outfit needed a flamboyant final flourish, so I gathered my felt and fabric scraps... 
The Easter extravaganza!
I started out with a simple felt flower headband, but as you can see, I got a little carried away in the festive theme! I ended up with a cross between an Easter bonnet and a headband, complete with traditional chick, Easter egg and bunny. 
Cheeky Easter chick 
My favourite part of the extreme Easter creation is this bunny. I'm going to make more of these as brooches, and add them to Pink Robot's woodland felt brooch collection. I love his little twitchy nose and fun tail. 
Easter bunny with a pompom tail
I had a few tiny scraps of floral fabric lying around, which I would normally throw away, but I thought that mini flowers would add to the bright, cheerful theme. I like the differences in texture the fabric provides, next to the felt. 
Scrap flowers
I'd love to hear about your ideas for baby Easter bonnets... including how to keep them on the baby's head! Could I get her to keep it on long enough to take a photo? Erm... Nope! 


Shared at these fabulous link parties... 
Craftastic Monday
Handmade Tuesdays

6 comments:

  1. That headband is just sew darling! I hope you do manage to get a sneaky picture of it on her head, we would all love to see it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Josie... I will certainly sneak it back on to her head when she isn't running around at a party, and post a picture! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. omgoodness! The bunny! The peep! It's just fabulous! I'm going to send the link to my friend Maggie who's blog is full of fascinators! Don't you just love the colors of Spring?
    LeeAnna Paylor
    lapaylor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gayle, as Lee Ann says I have a LARGE amount of hats and fascinators, and I love your delightful creation. Should be perfect on the little wearer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute. Love the little bunny and chick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's adorable! i'm all about felt lately. adore it.

    ReplyDelete