Friday 9 May 2014

Liebster Award Nomination

Make Thrift love Life has been nominated for the Liebster Award! When thriftylilpixie got in touch to say she'd nominated me, I carried out a little research online. I discovered that it's an award passed between fellow bloggers- a way to acknowledge and promote people's favourite little-known blogs, within the blogging community. It's also a nice way to find out more about the people behind the blogs you read every day!

The German word "Liebster" is roughly translated into words such as sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.The rules seem to evolve and adapt a bit, but the general gist remains the same: 

The Rules:
  1. Each person must post 11 random facts about themselves. 
  2. They must also answer 11 questions about themselves. 
  3. Now pick between 5-11 of your favourite blogs to nominate for the Liebster award. The blogs should have less than 1000 followers. (Note- some versions say under 200 followers!)
  4. Create a set of 11 questions to ask your nominees. 
11 random facts about myself: 
  • I am a marathon runner, completing 5 marathons to date. 
  • My fastest marathon time was 3 hours 38 minutes, in Paris. 
  • I work in education as my "day job".
  • One day, I'd love to have a pet tortoise called Richard.
  • My favourite colour is purple. 
  • I'm only 5'1" tall so I wear heels a lot!
  • I have tiny size 2 (euro 34/ 35) feet. 
  • I have a sister called Fiona. 
  • My car is a trusty 10-year-old Toyota Yaris- it's never failed an MOT!
  • I sell crafts under the brand name "Pink Robot". 
  • While on maternity leave, I ran a craft group for new mums called Baby Brain. 
 Questions posed by Thriftylilpixie for me: 

What's your favourite thing about blogging? 
Learning new things from other bloggers, and being able to find the answer to any question imaginable, just from visiting a blog. I find the writing process therapeutic too!

What's your favourite blog? 
This one is too hard to give a definitive answer... I have various favourite blogs which I read for all different reasons. I do love the photography in A Beautiful Mess, however!

Where would be your dream travel destination?
I'd love to see more of Asia. I went to Thailand on honeymoon, and it was the most beautiful place with the most beautiful people. 

What's your favourite food? 
A toss-up between Japanese and Italian cuisine. A simple and fresh noodle stir-fry is amazing, but if I had to eat one food item only for the rest of my life, it would be pasta. 

What's your guilty pleasure? 
Double Coronation Street on a Monday night!

What are the words you live by? 
The Japanese proverb, "Nana Korobi Yaoki", meaning "Fall down 7 times, get up 8" is a good one, to remind me to keep chasing my dreams. 

Where do you get your blogging inspiration? 
I tend to write about what's most important in my life at one time- at the moment, lots of my posts are about my daughter and my home life. 

What makes you laugh? 
I do enjoy out-of-order jokes! 

What is your favourite beauty product? 
Maybelline "The Falsies" mascara... I have tried lots of other (and more expensive) mascaras, but I can't beat this one and keep coming back to it. 

What is your go-to wardrobe staple? 
Jeans.

What is your biggest dream? 
To make Pink Robot into a business- making and selling lots of beautiful things including baby skirts in unusual fabrics. I also dream of writing a book. 


My nominees


I'd like to nominate the following blogs for the Liebster Award: 



11 questions for my nominees
  1. Which one of your blog posts is your favourite, and why? 
  2. Where is your favourite place in the world? 
  3. What is your favourite colour combination? 
  4. Do you have any other hobbies, apart from writing? 
  5. What's your favourite joke? 
  6. What is your ultimate ambition? 
  7. What is the best bargain you have ever found? 
  8. What makes you proudest? 
  9. What is your favourite animal? 
  10. Do you have any hidden talents? 
  11. What made you start writing a blog? 

1 comment:

  1. congratulations! a well deserved nomination - I really like your 'words you live by', I can see wy you live by them :) I agree with your nominations too.
    jenny x

    ReplyDelete