Sunday 3 August 2014

Thrifty, DIY wall art

Three beautiful, simply framed fat quarters in kimono fabric
Inspired by my honeymoon to Thailand and Singapore, home décor with an "Oriental feel" always ticks the boxes for me. So I absolutely love the new additions to my bedroom wall! Stunning Japanese kimono fabrics look fabulous in cheap wooden frames. I think they give a really unusual and unique look, and the texture adds intrigue next to the usual paintings, photos and prints.
A closer look
I ordered a "fat quarter" of each design from an Etsy seller, for just a few pounds each. All 3 pictures (which are quite large) set me back less than £20, including the frames. This could be done for every room, and every colour scheme in the house, and I have now become a little obsessed by framing fabrics! It's an easy craft which could, in fact, be done even more frugally- by sourcing second-hand frames and re-purposing fabric items. It is also a great way to use up your fabric scraps, and something different to do with those beautiful fabrics you may already have in your stash! 

3 comments:

  1. That's so clever - these look great :)

    http://fairytaleprettypicture.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gayle ... I've nominated you for the Liebster Award ... Check out my blog post to find out what you've to do :) ... hugs xxx

    http://craftmama087.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the lovely comments! It's amazing how good the easiest of DIY pictures look once they are framed. Crafty Mama, thank you for the Liebster Award nomination. I've already taken part, but I do appreciate the thought! x

    ReplyDelete